We are fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology to provide comprehensive animal care in a friendly, caring atmosphere.
Exceptional Veterinary Care in Canal Fulton, OH
From routine checkups to surgical procedures, we’ve got you covered! Let us help in keeping your pet happy and healthy!
Wellness exams are an important part of your pet’s health. During these exams, our veterinarians evaluate your pet from head to tail and make suggestions based on their findings. Each exam is specifically tailored to your pet’s needs.
We offer the following wellness services to our clients:
- A comprehensive history and physical exam
- Screening laboratory testing
- Vaccinations and titers
- Nutritional counseling
- Puppy/kitten wellness exams
- Senior wellness exams for early detection of disease
- Domestic and international travel certificates-USDA accredited
- Microchip pet identification
- Weight loss programs and counseling
We are proud to have a full-service in-house laboratory by IDEXX VetLab Analyzers. The IDEXX analyzer gives us quick and accurate results, allowing us to better serve our patients.
- IDEXX Catalyst DX provides comprehensive blood panels used to evaluate major organ functions.
- Along with being a useful diagnostic tool for sick patients, the Catalyst also is used as a valuable pre-operative screening for patients undergoing surgical procedures during which they would receive anesthesia.
- Results in 15 minutes
- IDEXX ProCyte DX Hematology Analyzer offers 5 part white blood cell differential and absolute reticulocyte count along with validated results on 26 different blood parameters in under 5 minutes
- Cytological evaluation of samples obtained from many areas of the body, including skin, ears, and growths, are performed microscopically by our doctors and technicians.
- Urine samples can be tested for evidence of infection and other health issues.
- Use of in-house SNAP tests to diagnose diseases such as heartworm infection, tick-borne illnesses, feline leukemia, and aids.
* With our ability to perform all of these diagnostics inside our clinic, we are better able to effectively initiate treatment in our patients.
Acute and Chronic Care
Our care goes beyond wellness exams. We are able to help your pet with many different issues, including those that may have come on rapidly. We are also glad to come up with long-term plans for your pet’s chronic illness. Some potential health issues we aid in are:
- Cardiac and respiratory diseases
- Endocrine diseases (such as diabetes, thyroid, and adrenal)
- Renal and lower urinary tract diseases
- Musculoskeletal diseases (such as soft tissue injuries, fractures, osteoarthritis)
- Infectious diseases
- Diseases of the eyes and ears
Unfortunately, sometimes emergencies happen. We can offer medical and surgical emergency treatment during regular office hours.
Should an emergency occur when we are not open, we work in collaboration with the local 24-hour emergency hospitals listed below:
We are proud to be trusted with the care of your pet during both routine and emergency surgeries. Here at Fulton, we offer comprehensive care for your pet before, during, and after their procedure:
- State-of-the-art surgical facilities
- All surgeries performed with a surgical laser and followed up with Companion Therapy Laser to reduce your pets pain and aids in quicker healing
- Sophisticated surgical monitoring ensuring maximum safety under anesthesia
- Heated surgical table to help maintain body temperature
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Soft tissue surgery
- Dental/oral surgery
- Cherry eye surgery
- Cesarean sections
*All surgery patients will also receive at no additional charge a nail trim and a complete physical exam
*All surgical patients are highly encouraged to take advantage of a discounted pre-anesthesia in-house blood screening. Liver and kidney values will be evaluated as it is through these vital organs that the anesthesia leaves the body. Results from this test are returned in 15 minutes. Depending on our doctor’s results, he may change the type of anesthesia used, administer fluids before and during the surgical procedure, or even postpone the surgery.
We perform all of our surgeries using a surgical laser. This state-of-the-art device allows for extreme surgical precision and has many benefits over steel surgical scalpels, including:
- Decreased post-operative pain as nerve endings are sealed by the laser as it cuts
- Reduced bleeding and blood loss due to cauterization of the blood vessels
- Reduced risk of surgical infection as any bacteria are destroyed by the superheating of the tissues
- Reduced inflammation because the laser causes less irritation which results in minimal swelling
Here at Fulton, we are proud of our advanced technological abilities to evaluate your pet’s internal function:
- Digital radiographs capable of immediate analysis
- OFA hips, elbows, and spines are routinely evaluated and sent electronically. We are proud of our good working relationship with OFA(Orthopedic Foundation for Animals)
- Ultrasound used to see soft tissues and organs under the skin as well as to confirm pregnancy
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images captured in real-time, giving us an inside look at various organ systems. This helps us diagnose a variety of conditions or monitor organ function. Potential benefits of this technology include:
- Finding the source of abdominal pain
- Observing blood flow to organs
- Discovering stones in the kidney or bladder
- Monitoring fetal development
- Performing aspirates or biopsies
- Extracting abnormal fluid
- Evaluating pancreatitis
Fulton Animal Hospital provides these services for responsible, ethical breeders who strive for the improvement of their breed.
However, we recommend that all dogs and cats be spayed or neutered.
We offer the following reproductive services:
- Pre-breeding exams with diagnostic testing
- Health clearances as instructed by breed club protocol
- Reproductive counseling
- Ovulation timing by progesterone testing (next day lab results)
- Vaginal cultures and cytology
- Infertility evaluation
- Sperm collection and evaluation
- Artificial Insemination
- Ultrasonography for pregnancy diagnostics
- Pregnancy digital radiographs
- Cesarian deliveries (routine and emergency)
- Delivery Complications
- Post-partom monitoring
- Neonatal care
- Prostate disease
- Uterine, vaginal, and mammary diseases
- Treatment of pyometra
Dr. Stewart has a particular interest in canine reproduction stages, and through his extensive experience, he has assisted many reputable breeders with reproductive issues.
We use Companion Therapy Laser on all of our patients post-operatively. This treatment uses specific wavelengths and is painless and non-invasive. We typically recommend multiple sessions. This type of therapy has many benefits to help your pet recover from surgery, such as:
- Reduced inflammation
- Accelerated healing
- Decreased pain
- Released endorphins
Dental care is one of the essential steps in keeping your pet healthy and reducing the chance of future complications. We are happy to offer a full-service dental experience to keep your pet’s mouth healthy and fresh:
- Training and education for at-home dental care
- Complete dental prophylaxis
- Scaling, polishing, and fluoride treatments
- Dental/Oral surgeries
Our fully-stocked pharmacy is your one-stop-shop for all of your pet’s medications, from on-going parasite prevention to postoperative pain management:
- Prescription medication, supplements, shampoos, and a variety of other treatments
- Heartworm, flea, and tick preventive products
- Relationship with compounding pharmacy to provide many options for pets that are typically hard to medicate
Small Farm Animal Care
· Hoof trimming
· Castration (Dependent on animal size and species)
· Emergency services determined on a case-by-case basis
· We do not offer house calls at this time