- We are proud to have a full service in house laboratory by IDEXX VetLab Analyzers
- IDEXX Catalyst DX provides comprehensive blood panels used to evaluate major organ function.
- Along with being a useful diagnostic tool for sick patients the Catalyst also is used as a valuable pre-operative screening for patients undergoing surgical procedures during which they would receive anesthesia.
- Results in 15 minutes
- IDEXX ProCyte DX Hematology Analyzer offers 5 part white blood cell differential and absolute reticulocyte count along with validated results on 26 different blood parameters in under 5 minutes
- Cytological evaluation of samples obtained from many areas of the body, including skin, ears and growths are performed microscopically by our doctors and our technicians.
- Urine samples can be tested for evidence of infection and other health issues.
- Use of in-house SNAP tests to diagnose diseases such as heart worm infection, tick-borne illnesses as well as feline leukemia and aids.
* With our ability to perform all of these diagnostics inside our clinic, we are better able to effectively initiate treatment in our patients.
- Comprehensive history and physical exam
- Screening laboratory testing
- Vaccinations and titers
- Nutritional counseling
- Puppy/kitten wellness exams
- Senior wellness exams for early detection of disease
- Domestic and international travel certificates-USDA accredited
- Microchip pet identification
- Weight loss programs and counseling
Acute And Chronic Medical Care
- Cardiac and respiratory diseases
- Endocrine diseases(such as diabetes, thyroid and adrenal)
- Renal and lower urinary tract diseases
- Musculoskeletal diseases(such as soft tissue injuries, fractures, osteoarthritis)
- Infectious diseases
- Diseases of the eyes and ears
- Medical and surgical emergency treatment available during office hours
- Collaboration with local 24 hour emergency hospital: Stark Emergency, Akron Vet Referral and Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital
- State of the art surgical facilities
- All surgeries performed with a surgical laser and followed up with Companion Therapy Laser to reduce your pets pain and aids in quicker healing
- Sophisticated surgical monitoring ensuring maximum safety under anesthesia
- All patients are intubated and give gas anesthesia for a safer surgery
- Heated surgical table to help maintain body temperature
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Soft tissue surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Dental/oral surgery
- Cherry eye surgery
- Cesarean sections
*All surgery patients will also receive at no additional charge a nail trim, ears cleaned and a complete physical exam
*All surgical patients are highly encouraged to take advantage of a discounted pre-anesthesia in-house blood screening. Liver and kidney values will be evaluated as it is through these vital organs that the anesthesia leaves the body. Results in 15 minutes and depending on the results our doctor may change the type of anesthesia used, administer fluids prior and during the surgical procedure or even postpone the surgery.
- New Radiograph system installed 2015
- Digital radiographs capable of immediate analysis
- Ability to e-mail radiographs or burn onto a disk
- OFA hips, elbows and spines are routinely evaluated and sent electronically. We are proud of our good working relationship with OFA(Orthopedic Foundation for Animals)
- Ultrasound used to see soft tissues and organs under the skin as well as to confirm pregnancy
Fulton Animal Hospital provides these services for responsible, ethical breeders who strive for the improvement of their breed. However, we recommend that all dogs and cats be spayed or neutered.
- Pre-breeding exams with diagnostic testing
- Health clearances as instructed by breed club protocol
- Reproductive counseling
- Ovulation timing by progesterone testing (next day lab results)
- Vaginal cultures and cytology
- Infertility evaluation
- Sperm collection and evaluation
- Artificial Insemination
- Ultrasonography for pregnancy diagnostics
- Pregnancy digital radiographs
- Cesarian deliveries (routine and emergency)
- Delivery Complications
- Post-partom monitoring
- Neonatal care
- Prostate disease
- Uterine, vaginal, and mammary diseases
- Treatment of pyometra
Dr. Stewart has a special interest in all stages of canine reproduction and through his extensive experience he has assisted many reputable breeders with reproductive issues.
- Complete dental prophylaxis
- Scaling, polishing, and fluoride treatments
- Training and education four at home dental care
- Dental/Oral surgeries
- Prescription medication, supplements, shampoos, and a variety of other treatments
- Heart worm, flea and tick preventive products
- Relationship with compounding pharmacy to provide many options for pets that are typically hard to medicate